4000 Litre Rainwater Tank Installation
Below you will find the instructions you need to install the 4000 litre rainwater tank.
We have included in this guide the instructions for the freestanding as well as the wall mounted water tanks. For those that need a more practical solution we have also provided a PDF download at the bottom of this page.
It is important for all ThinTanks™ to stand on a solid base, that will not settle or move when wet.
The water tanks can be laid on sloping ground, along the length of the tank. Surface must be horizontal (LEVEL) across the width of the tank to allow the sides of the tank to be vertical.
4000 Litre ThinTanks™ Free Standing Installation Guide
- Form and pour 150mm thick concrete slab, 1000mm wide with 150mm overlap on ends.
- Use F82 fabric placed centrally 75mm above prepared surface.
- Use a carpenter's level to make sure the concrete surface is level across the width.
- Secure tank to the concrete using brackets BS201 - one each end. With multiple tanks use bracket BSD201 between tanks
Caution: In step 1, the size listed may not be large enough in sandy areas, also seek advice from a local fencing contractor or a civil engineer.
4000 Litre ThinTanks™ Wall Mounted Installation Guide
- On an existing pavement, sloping away from a fence or wall, the surface must be built up to ensure the tank face is vertical and the back of the tank is flush against the fence or wall.
- Position first tank on prepared base and fix to fence or wall using bracket WB02 each end. Place brackets approximately 1400mm above base. Wall brackets need to be fixed to wall using Dyna Bolts on both ends of the brackets.
- Brackets are required to ensure tank(s) cannot be accidentally pulled over by human effort.
Download The 4000 Litre Installation PDF (Opens In A new Window)