1000 Litre Rainwater Tank Installation
Below you will find the instructions you need to install the 1000 litre rainwater tank.
We have included in this guide the instructions for the freestanding as well as the wall mounted water tanks. For those that need a more practical solution we have also provided a PDF download at the bottom of this page.
It is important for all Thintanks™ being the 1000 litre, 2000 litre and 3000 litre water tanks to stand on a solid base, that will not settle or move when wet.
The water tanks can be laid on sloping ground, along the length of the tank. Surface must be horizontal (LEVEL) across the width of the tank to allow the sides of the tank to be vertical.
1000 Litre ThinTanks™ Free Standing Installation Guide
- Mark Position Of Support Poles And Excavate Holes for 65mm x 65mm x 2400mm Long Posts.
- Holes To Be 300mm In Diameter And 600mm Deep.
- Lay Concrete Pavers Between Holes.
- Position 100mm Sleeves And Concrete Around The Outside Of The Sleeves And Up To Paver
- After Concrete has Set, Position Tank On To Pavers And Position The Posts
- Concrete Around Posts To Finish Off.
Caution: In step 2, the size listed may not be large enough in sandy areas, also seek advice from a local fencing contractor or a civil engineer.
Download The Free Stranding Installation PDF (Opens In A new Window)
1000 Litre ThinTanks™ Wall Mounted Installation Guide
- On an existing pavement, sloping away from a fence or wall, the surface must be built up to ensure the tank face is vertical and the back of the tank is flush against the fence or wall.
- Position first tank on prepared base and fix to fence or wall using bracket WB01 each end. Place brackets approximately 1400mm above base.
- Brackets are required to ensure tank(s) cannot be accidentally pulled over by human effort.
Download The Wall Mounted Installation PDF (Opens In A new Window)